“SiMBA is here to support those who have been affected by the death of a baby during pregnancy or shortly after birth.
SiMBA was founded to support those affected by the death of a baby and over the last 12 years we have:
- Donated 14,071 precious Memory Boxes so they can be gifted to parents to help them to create irreplaceable treasured memories of time that they spend with their baby
- Refurnished 9 Family Rooms and provided the vital equipment within them including Cuddle Cots, cameras, fold down beds etc
- Installed 5 life sized copper Trees of Tranquillity each tree acting as a symbol of remembrance to babies who have died and donated 1,851 leaves for parents to have engraved with their special message, to attach to their chosen tree
- Established 13 monthly groups with fully trained facilitators for parents to attend, letting them know that they are not alone
- Organised study days for hospital staff to attend giving them confidence and a better understanding when looking after bereaved parents.
It doesn’t take long to realise the pain that parents walk every day after the death of a baby, so walking 10k or 20k, running 5k or 10k or toddling is nothing in comparison but being aware that everyone’s challenge is their own. Please choose SiMBA and support the vital work that that we do with 100% of funds raised going directly to the charity.
We suggest a minimum sponsorship of £50 per person for the walks and runs however the Toddle is all about having fun.
Thank you for helping to make a difference.