We always have volunteering opportunities prior, during and post event day, where students can get involved in a number of activities. Some activities include; marshalling, water stops, information stand, general administration, car parking duties and contacting various groups. We have found that volunteering provides students with new skills, including; problem solving, dealing with the public, etc. This can often link in with a school programme such as; Duke of Edinburgh Award.
PRE-EVENT WEEKEND ACTIVITIES:
- Graphic Design – Support with creating publicity material
- Photography – Taking photos in and around the event/course to get images of runners/walkers, etc.
- Information – promotion to corporate staff or students.
- Social Media support.
- Marketing/Market Research support.
- Press Release/copywriting support.
- Business support – finance/legal/HR/proposal preparation.
- Networking – Engage with suppliers/partners to provide a prize or sponsor a race.
- Goody Bags - Engage with suppliers/partners to provide items for goody bags.
- Sponsorship support.
- Engage the general public to take part.
- Support to put up direction signs, posters, bunting, flags, etc.
EVENT DAY ACTIVITIES:
- Water Stops - Hand out water to walkers en-route
- Stewards - Individuals to show runners/walkers directions to follow.
- Cycle Marshalls – Cycle around course checking on participants.
- Water Stations – Hand out water en-route.
- Information - Guides to man a stall and walk about providing any necessary information to participants/visitors.
- Car Park - Attendants to show stall holders, etc. where to park and keep other drivers out of car park.
- Guides - To provide assistance to persons with a disability.
- Gofors - Provide a fetch and carry service.
- Assistance to control the Toddle queue.
- Catering - Provide a waiting service.
- Stall - Manage a fundraising stall.
- Goody Bags - Make up and hand out goody bags to entrants.
- Carry items – chairs, tables, etc.
- Litter - Provide a litter patrol on site.
- Take down small tents along with final clear up.
- Finishing Line – cheerers!
TODDLE TENT ACTIVITY STAFF
PROVIDE ASSISTANCE - MANAGE A STALL - SET-UP CREW